Below are :
B) Testimonials for Energise events and talks
C) Events we have done by theme
A) Summary Rachel Brushfield, Energise, Events Biog
Rachel Brushfield is The Talent Liberator and is founder of Energise – The Talent Liberation Company. She is a career, talent and learning and development strategist and coach and published author with over 30 years’ experience. Energise has been established for 20 years (1997). Rachel creates bespoke personalised interactive workshops, talks, seminars and panels, tailor made to the target audience, enabling the participants to have time to think and reflect and take away fresh insights and clarity, as well as practical tools & actions to make life and work easier and market themselves more confidently and comfortably. Rachel’s approach is creative, interactive, insightful, incisive and action oriented. Second careers, portfolio careers, career fulfilment and ‘blowing your own trumpet’ with confidence for women * are specialisms. Rachel is a published author (books, chapters, many articles and career guides) and creates content for company intranets and for membership organisations. She was shortlisted in the entrepreneur category of the We are the City 2017 ‘Rising Star’ awards and is co-founder of her own cross sector network PWHub for senior women employed in Oxfordshire companies, designing and delivering quarterly events on various topics.
B) Testimonials for Energise events & talks
“Thank you so much for talking and sharing your advice on Tuesday evening at Shoreditch House. I’ve actually received quite a few messages from SheSays members saying how much they enjoyed it and it was the best event they’ve been to in a while. And that’s all down to the amazing speakers, so thanks for your time and effort. Would love to collaborate in the future, so please stay in touch.” Casey Bird, events organiser, SheSays global digital women’s network.
- “Feedback from all attendees was overwhelmingly positive. She understands our industry and individual brands, works well with women of all levels of experience and has an approach which is both light of touch whilst simultaneously rigorous and effective.“
Nancy Rowe, Head of Insight, Sapient Razorfish and Publicis Groupe VivaWomen! UK co-chair.
- “The feedback from the evaluation forms is excellent with comments like; ‘very useful – I have practical things to go away and action’, ‘good balance of presentation and discussion’, ‘it met my expectations 120%’ and ‘very thought provoking.’” Lindsay Allen, Vice Chair, CIPD Thames Valley Branch.
- “Thanks so much for the ‘Changing direction in the law’ seminar at the Law Society the other day, it was very interesting.”
- “You were inspirational at the seminar I attended at The Law Society”. Pauline Campbell.
- “Thank you for your inspiring talk last night. Loved the fun props!” Macki Maconie
- “I found your presentation, handouts and now the website all very inspiring and are making me excited about embarking on my next step.“ Lisa Farthing.
- “I would like to thank you once again for the delivery of your Career Strategies presentation, which I genuinely found to be inspiring and encouraging.” Helen Collins.
- “I really enjoyed your talk at Shoreditch House the other night.” Jade Tomlin
- “I really enjoyed your SheSays presentation – great insights and practical tips which were very useful.” Marc Boothe
- “I just wanted to thank you for the great advice you gave last night.” Lizzy Reid
- “Thank you for delivering a great workshop today. We have already received thank you e mails from our consultants and all were very complementary about you and the session.“
Gislele Lambert, Head of Engagement, Obelisk Support
- “Many thanks for a great talk tonight; the points hit home with a lot of people. I feel inspired!” Jelena Madir, Senior Counsel, AWLL committee member.
- “Incredibly well prepared session – organised and knowledgeable. Surpassed my expectations”. Kate Forster.
- “Well organised and a good mix of presentation and dialogue in a short period.” J Cook.
- “Well facilitated. Rachel was a good speaker.” Emma Twining, DHL.
- “I really enjoyed the session, it was friendly, informal, informative and there was a real sense of enthusiasm and encouragement. It made me feel quite positive about developing a personal brand. I have been to a similar thing before where people felt quite inadequate and down because they weren’t doing/achieving X, Y, Z. This was the exact opposite.” Alison Tobin
- “Very personable, friendly, relaxed.” Suzy Ingram
- “The discussion was very thoughtful and well managed. Rachel was very engaging and funny.” Laura Spence.
- “Really engaging and encouraging. Fun.” Victoria Pearson.
- “The activities were really interactive and thought provoking. Really enjoyed how Rachel facilitated discussion and encouraged lively debate. Rachel packed a lot of useful activity into the time available. Great, energetic, valuable.” Simon Butt-Bethlendy.
- “She was great. Loved the props! It has been extremely useful and thought-provoking.” Gerda Pincinte
- “Really fun, interactive, informal approach works really well.” Laura Taylor
- It was very well prepared and presented. Rachel has a great manner which makes what could be a difficult subject seem much more manageable.” Anne Whitehouse
- “I thought it was really engaging. Great workshop.” Naomi Holdaway
- “Engaging throughout. My attention never wandered. Just the right amount of her personal story. Up to date. Her knowledge about future recruitment trends feels very sound. Enjoyed the props!” Elizabeth Underwood.
- “Confidently presented and had the right tone.” Ella Bedrock
- “Very approachable, good at generating discussion. Also very thought provoking. Thank you for a very interesting session!” Christine Richardson
C) Events by theme
Events with * are specifically for women
Career crossroads & choices
- CIPD Thames Valley Autumn Conference “Career strategies for a disruptive world” (2015, 2016, 2017)
- Energise “Steer your career” workshops, in association with DWP – for 150 executives from diverse professions/sectors over 18 months covering values, transferable skills, a portfolio career, marketing yourself and second careers.
- The Law Society “Returners course” – ‘Job search tips in the new legal market’ or ‘A good CV is like squeezing oranges’ * (various over 6 years bi-annual)
- Civvylisation – “Liberating your talent” career change event for personnel leaving the Forces, Oxford
- Oxford Job Fair “Career seminars” – marketing yourself, career change, CV and interview tips
- Publicis Groupe; VivaWomen’s network – “Career strategy and planning” *
- ICAEW (Institute of Chartered Accountants for England and Wales ) – “Portfolio careers” & “Comeback Community” (women returners)
- American Women Lawyers in London (AWLL) * “Career crossroads and workplace choices.“
- The Law Society (all divisions) – “Changing career direction”
- The Law Society Women Lawyers Division (WLD) * ‘Portfolio careers’
- Publicis Groupe, VivaWomen! network – “Career strategy”
- The Law Society Women Lawyers Division (WLD) * “Speed Networking”
- The Law Society (all divisions) “Career crossroads? Deciding the next chapter.”
Marketing yourself including personal branding and social media
- Association of Women Solicitors (AWS) London “Self-promotion” *
- The Commonwealth Club, London – “High impact low cost self-promotion”
- Charlbury Business Network – “Marketing yourself”
- Chippy Lippys Women’s Networking Group – “Self-promotion” *
- Energise -“Championing HR” lunch event – various
- Banbury Business Women – “Blowing your own trumpet”*
- Publicis Groupe; VivaWomen! network – “Blowing your own trumpet” *
- Publicis Groupe; VivaWomen! network – “Personal branding” *
- SheSays; (global digital women’s network) “Personal Branding”
- Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) “Personal Branding”
- English language teaching (ELT) “Annual conference- panellist”
- Association of Women Solicitors (AWS) London – “Personal branding and social media” *
- Barclays PLC Richmond – “Social media” for Managing Partners of law firms
- Association Women Solicitors (AWS) Surrey branch “Blowing your own trumpet” *
Talent management & employee engagement
- Publicis Groupe VivaWomen! network “Hi-potential needs analysis and bespoke talent development programme” *
- International Bar Association Global Women Lawyers * conference panel Paris, France “Engaging and motivating GenY in their careers”
- Energise and Purple House HR recruitment – “Insights and ideas to re-motivate talent”
- LawNet (a diverse group of junior & senior HR/Talent, Managing partners & Partners) – “Talent engagement”
- Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD) Newbury –“Talent management”
- Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD) Oxford – “Spotlight on HR talent ”
- South Warwickshire HR group – ‘Unlocking potential – engaging employees” talk
- LawNet annual Conference breakout session; “Impact of GenY on the legal profession.”
Self-awareness, confidence, smart working and life planning
- The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) – “Take a good look at yourself“ – 3 hour CPD workshop
- NHS Surrey and Sussex conference of HR managers and directors – “Energising tips for work and life” session
- ‘The Mushroom Club’ for senior female HR executives -“Smart working” with guests from Cap Gemini presenting the CIPD’s research and Reuters presenting their internal case study
- Oxfordshire Life magazine – “Life Coaching workshop” Malmaison Hotel, Oxford
- Inglewood Health Farm, Sussex “Life coaching” talk
- Ladies that lunch network – “Creating your success in the next 12 months” *
- Publicis Groupe, VivaWomen! network – “Confidence – managing your imposter syndrome and taming your gremlins”
To discuss an Energise event for your organisation/network, please contact Rachel Brushfield: M +44 (0) 7973 911137 Skype: talentliberator firstname.lastname@example.org