My late 95 year old grannie came close to falling off her rocking chair at Christmas. A plate of mince pies nearly became flying saucers. The culprit was a question.
The question I asked was:
“What are the top 10 highlights of your life so far?
Her no 1 life highlight was being proposed to on Waterloo Bridge – sweet!
The question I asked her is a BIG question, isn’t it? I mean there’s incisive questions and there’s incisive questions.
Open incisive questions are useful for purposeful refection, ideal in a full-on world.
The slowing pace after Christmas and before New Year is a good time to reflect, ask yourself big questions and plan.
I start by going through my diary and remembering what I have done and then reflecting to mine useful insights and plan actions.
This is the first of a series of 3 seasonal blogs to help you do this.
#week1 – headlines
Question for you.
What headline best sums up your 2014?
Here’s some examples:
• Fought tooth and nail for fair budgets and recognition
• Drowned in a sea of overwhelm and procrastination
• Lost time mindlessly doing social media
• Clung on by the skin of her teeth
• Quit the rat race
• Built a foundation for future success
• Created a portfolio career
• Became self employed
• Pushed out his comfort zone
• Had a life changing paradigm shift
• Played safe and stayed put
What would your headline for 2014 be?
A final 2 questions:
What would you like your headline to be for 2015?
What steps will you take to create this?
For more insights and tips, follow us on twitter:
“The future depends on what you do today” Mahatma Gandhi.