The world of work is changing fast. Are you ready for it?
Here are 6 trends from a digest of a MPF trends seminar I attended recently by Rohit Talwar of Fast Future. @fastfuture This blog is the second in a series about world trends and how they will affect the world of work and business.
• Change the Board agenda: Most businesses focus on 1 year, so changing the order of items covered on a Board meeting’s agenda is a simple way to get management thinking, planning and having conversations for the longer term
• Up technology spend to compete: Businesses need to up their spend on technology e.g. typically companies spend about 1-3% of budgets on technology whereas disruptive small businesses are spending about 30%
• Build employer brand: Businesses need to be created so that they attract talent to choose to work there
• Reinvent business DNA: Businesses need to create a new game and think about how they can recreate their ‘DNA’
• The new business way: New style firms have a clear ‘spine’; a) technology will become the core of the firm, b) project and business management will be separated, c) expertise will be used to serve clients and also other firms
• SMEs and technology create disruption: Technology and hungry, nimble entrepreneurial market entrants are eating away at the heartland of traditional slow moving business and firms
How will these trends affect you?
What’s your first step to reflect on this?
To follow Fast Future on Twitter:
For more insights and tips to help you liberate ALL of your talent, follow us on Twitter:
PS We do gift vouchers – they make an ideal present to reflect, take stock, plan and make your career future-proof. Get in touch. #savesshoeleather