- Design it around your values – what is important to you
- Delegate the bits you hate/aren’t good at
- Make time to think, reflect and plan
- Invest in your skills
- Make time for breaks
- Have a separate work space
- Maintain clear boundaries, time and space, if you work from home
- Switch off your Blackberry/Ipad/Iphone
- Invest in your knowledge
- Get a coach/mentor
Part 2 next week will share 10 more tips for happy self-employment.
Have you read our Career Strategies bulletins? Follow this link for more useful advice:. Topics include work of passion, career vision, flexible working.