Part of our job is to look at emerging careers, skills of the future, work trends and what employers need/want. If you are going to choose a career, or change career, you want to minimise the risk and make a considered choice, right?
So that means you need a clear strategy and plan rather than simply falling into it by chance.
Here are 8 sound career choices to consider:
- Managing information: Content and information is growing exponentially and we need people and tools to manage it or our heads will explode from overload
- Digital: We are in the digital age so a good bet as a career choice. It is definitely going to grow not shrink.
- Health: We have an aging population and mental illness is on the increase, so lots of opportunities here.
- Managing risk: Since some countries and companies have not done this enough, it will swing the other way and we will probably end up doing it too much.
- Stress management: Stress is on the increase so any professions that help people to manage it are good options.
- Time management: Jobs that help people to save time will grow e.g. a virtual PA for small businesses.
- Customer service: Ultimately with the whole world able to compete in many markets, what make you better than your competitors are how you care for your customers.
- Creativity & innovation: Humans have been around for a long time now and so it is harder to be original but we need smart creative innovative thinking to solve business and the world’s problems, so get your thinking caps on.
So 8 good options re safe bet career choices, whether you are embarking on your career or wanting a career change.
If one career route is not for you, then a portfolio career could be the answer – a career with many strands. Click on this link to read more: