Hello – how are you?
Blimey, modern life is full-on! Everything is changing so fast and it will get faster.
We have been reading lots of research about career success, employability, future skills and careers and the changing world of work so we can add even more value to our clients through these changing times. This blog shares some of these insights.
Here are 12 significant trends people need to be aware of and take action about
- More specialised mastery needed – serial mastery
- Connectivity, collaboration and networks central
- World is increasingly virtual
- Increasingly complex working and business environment
- Accelerated change
- Continuously growing competition and fragmentation
- Skills have a shorter shelf life
- Peace, quiet and reflection time under threat
- Growth in innovation and creativity and solutions from diverse networks
- Working for companies more flexible and looser
- Need to create a trusted brand – make it authentic, create reputation and manage it
- Evolving positioning key – ‘morph and slide’
Source – Lynda Grafton “The Shift – the future of work is already here.”
We love trends and hope you found this potted summary useful.
How will these trends affect you?
What actions can you take now to stay one step ahead?
Portfolio careers is one trend on the up – read our career guide for The Telegraph – click here:
Download our free skills report: