You see it’s a bit like relationships – there are lots of ‘all right ish’ ones but ones that are brilliant are as rare as a nesting osprey.
If you are a typical employee, if you have a job, you will be hanging onto to it for dear life like an aging footballer with a supermodel girlfriend.
If you are fed up to the back teeth of your job, your boss or your employer, what can you do except grin and bear it? The behaviour of people who don’t like something but don’t know what to do about it easy to spot:
- You talk more behind your boss’ back than to their face
- You wake up on a Monday morning with lead weights in your shoes rather than a spring in your step
- Weekends and holidays feel like an oasis and you cling to them like a drowning man
- You get ill a lot because your body is being obliging to get you out of there
- You drink too much alcohol, shop to excess, eat comfort foot to excess and do drugs to distract yourself, or maybe all of them
- Soap opera storyline feel positively cheery compared to your lot
So what’s the alternative? Here are 3 options:
1) Bump off your boss and steal their job
2) Resign with no job to go to
3) Download the Energise free report ‘Pain free career change’ as the first step to keep sane http://www.careerstrategies.co.uk/